Lumenis AcuPulse Fractional CO2 Laser
- Laser skin resurfacing is an ablative laser-based technique (meaning it removes layers of skin with the laser) designed to reduce the signs of aging, correct and treat skin damage with controlled penetration depth for the most predictable outcome.
- Fractional laser skin resurfacing provides a new and unique approach to laser skin resurfacing by delivering the laser to the surface of the skin in a fraction of the area. Left healthy skin in between the ablated areas allows more rapid healing, better patient comfort and lower risk.
- Laser technology has been around since 1980 and the FDA first approved a CO2 laser for skin laser resurfacing in 1996.
- Downtime used to be 14+ days, with a fractional laser it is about 7 days.
DeepFX™ | ActiveFX™?
- Improve deep wrinkles, fine lines, tone and texture – in one single treatment
- Get amazing rejuvenation results without surgery
- Experience minimal downtime
What is it?
The total skincare solution DeepFX™ | ActiveFX™ are two fractional resurfacing solutions of the UltraPulse® and AcuPulse™ systems. With results on a range of skin aging concerns, from deep wrinkles to fine lines and uneven skin tone and texture. DeepFX™ and ActiveFX™ affect different layers of your skin,
depending on your specific concern.
Is it right for me?
Lumenis® CO2 laser procedures are not suitable for everyone, for example patients who have taken Accutane®(Isotretinoin) within the past 6-12 months, or had a history of keloid formation. Risks may include change of pigmentation, infection, redness, textural changes or scarring. Be sure to consult your physician regarding treatment options available and related contraindications and risks based on your individual concerns and medical history, before choosing a treatment.
What should I expect?
When will I see results?
The main advantage of DeepFX™ and ActiveFX™ is that results are visible after one single treatment. As your skin heals following the treatment, you will begin to notice an improvement in wrinkles, fine lines, tone and texture. Typically, you should expect to continue to see improvement for up to 18 months following the procedure.
What can I expect after treatment?
Immediately following treatment, your skin will be warm and may be slightly red and swollen, depending on your customized treatment settings. Most patients are able to resume their daily activities within a week. To support you in the healing process, a daily skincare routine should be prescribed.